Monday, July 21, 2008

Work vs College

A lot of people and friends keep asking me; do I prefer working or studying?

Most of you would say you prefer still being in college because of the freedom. Well, that's true if you're in a course which just requires studying or if you work for a hectic advertising industry.

Frankly, I'm quite tired of answering the same type of question over and over again. So for those of you who PLAN to ask me this question, my answer is I prefer working now. Especially for my job. Here's the reason why:

1. When I'm at work, I'm at work. I only have my things to do when I'm there. And after work, I can come home, kick back, watch movie or tv or sleep super early if I want to. Thinking about work is just one small part. But I won't have to stay up all night finishing it....yet. Not the same can be said for college assignments.

2. I have my weekend strictly to relax and do things I wanna do. I don't have to worry that my assignment or project isn't done and whether it's due on monday morning.

3. I still have the same freedom I do in college. Anytime after 6pm at least. But I can deal with that.

4. I get paid.

5. I have paid leave and other company advantages.

6. I don't have sleepless nights thinking of ideas needed for projects.

Well, these are just a few reasons. If I can think of more, I'll update it. But these are basically why I choose the working life over college life. It may be fun and relaxing in college (possibly. yea right) but I don't find it any more different from working. Except when I work, I have my nights all to myself.

Anybody got a question?

No comments: