Tuesday, October 04, 2005

A blog dedicated to my mum...

Today in Drama class we had an exercise which we have to visualise the person we love most,when both of us had good memories and caring days.Naturally some people would be thinkin of their boyfriends and girlfriends.My class all chose their parents,be it their mum or dad.I chose my mum.

When Gary asked us to visualise a moment which touched us with that loved one,I almost went into tears thinkin of it.But I tried my best to hide it though.Not really nice to cry there and then.

I noe my mum had gone through hell just to provide my family everythin we have today.It's not easy.My dad had struggle too but at a point,not as bad as my mum.So whenever i think back of my memories seein my mum sendin me to the babysitter wen I was about 5 years old,and havin to walk back out to take a bus to work,it really makes me want to run up to her and hug her real tight.It's really sad when I think back and see my mum go through what she did.

And my mum is naturally the most understandin person in my life.She listens to me and my sis's problems and never discouraged us.She's the first person to look for if we need anythin even if it has to come from my dad.But sometimes tend to defy her when asked to do chores and study.Yeah.I didn't do well in my studies in school and in TARC then.I'm just not the study type although I noe that I should have been in order to repay them back for supportin my education.

That's why now I intend to do my very best in my coming years in TOA.I do hope I get lots of help from my friends here.I really can't afford to fail anythin because in onli a short 3 years,same time as I graduate (hopefully),my mum would also reach her retirement.And then after,I do hope I can get a job well enough to support her and giv her the luxury she has provided for me.My repayment for the person who has given me everythin includin my life.

For those of you who dare say you do not love your mums or your dads,I urge you to smack your head on the wall til u bleed to death.However you say your parents are strict or "lou tou" (old fashioned),jus remember that this are the people who gave life to you and had somehow supported you in life.They may be strict but understand their concerns in restrictin you also.After all,who has lived and seen more things???
Like a chinese proverb goes,which I translate,"they have eaten more salt than you have consumed rice".For those of you who do not noe this proverb,it means that they have gone through more thick and thin than you ever will.

So,have you said your "I love you"s to your parents today???

2 comments:

ThePinkRabbit said...

awww...chris...didn't know u were that touched during the exercise...

so sweet..

yeah..i tell my mom AND DAD i love them every chance i get...

i guess girls find it easier to say "I love you" compared to guys...

now we all know....CHRIS LOVES HIS MOM!!!

Chris Yuen said...

yup...of course...ehehehe..the closes family member to me..easy for me to ask for anythin...kakakaka...