Thursday, September 04, 2008

When events turn into an essay

Updates on the events of the weekend and the past few day.

Saturday
Went to Summit in the morning for my "breakfast" and wanted to get a game which I was wanted to get a for a long time. But instead, me and my itchy feet decided to walk into a car model shop. Can't control myself cuz I haven't bought any cars for the past month or so. Ended up getting a 1:18 scale model of a Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera (pics to be shown another day). I could even tell the uncle that my gf is going to grumble when she finds out later in the afternoon. How right I am. Accompanied SY to TARC's convocation ceremony for an ex-seafieldian's convocation. Then rushed all the way back to sunway for a movie. Watched Death Race. Was cool.

Saw this at Sunway Hotel when picking up Christine for the convo.

Sunday
After church in the morning, went home, packed and left for a nights trip in PD with Tim, Kevin, my sis, Kiat Yee, Jim, Samantha, Johnston, Johnny, Melissa and Jimmy Tiang, Winnie, Sarah, Kai Mun and his gf Cynthia (I wonder if I spelt that correctly).Sat in Tim's car. I totally take back the thing I said when I went to PD with my college mates. "When people look at us and the car we drove, they would think we were rich kids." I take it back. Back then, we only drove a Honda City, a Honda Stream and a lowly Iswara Aeroback. But this time, the convoy was a new Honda CRV, a Honda Accord, a Hyundai Elantra and a Toyota Celica. One of the most expensive convoy. Stayed at The Ocean View Resort in apartment owned by Jim's dad. Arrived in the evening so we went straight down to the beach for fun and BBQ. Think most of the guys who BBQed lost some leg hair. After BBQ, we went back to the apartment to clean up and have some indoor fun. Played Pictionary. Everyone went nuts over it. Played til the wee hours of the morning. Tim bought some fresh coconuts and we had some trouble slowly opening them and draining the juices.

Monday
Everyone was SUPPOSED to be up at 7am. But instead, everyone got up and ready around 10plus am. Left PD and we decided to drive all the way back to PJ for brunch. All along the way, there were so many toilet breaks because of all the coconut water everyone had in the morning. Had chicken rice at Paramount because Kevin said the char siew was delicious. I admit it's soft and delicious, but it was SUPER FATTY. OMG. Could've just had a heart attack right there eating that. Then we grouped over at Samantha's place. Those crazy fellas wanted another round of Pictionary because it seems Kevin and Johnston can't stop gloating about being champions the night before. But, unofficially, Samantha and Sarah were the winners the night before and also for the second round. Got home and it was raining super hard. Rested a while, cleaned up and went out with SY.

Tuesday
Boring day at work as usual. But got to sneak out to do some printing work and SY tagged along. Accompanied her for a brief shopping outing. Went over to Glass Solution for training in the evening and had a super headache. Literally headache, not because of the training. On the way back to take SY out for dinner, I realised I caught a little fever. So nice of SY and her mum to provide me with some paracetamol (or panadol) and water to ease the headache. Hahaha...It was to my understanding that SY kept the water just right, not cold and not hot, while waiting for me to come.

Wednesday
Went to see a doctor because I got up with quite a bad sore throat. The doc gave me an MC for the day. SY came over to my house to "study" for her college exam. That girl slept half the day away in my room. Should make her study downstairs next time. And a first encounter for her with my parents for lunch and dinner. Now she knows where I got my sense of humour from.

That's all for the past few days.

Thanks to those who SMSed to ask how I was doing and told me to take care. Thank God for the one day rest. I needed that. Thanks to the people who organized the PD trip. I needed the holiday. Thanks to SY for taking care of me. Love you baby.

Okay, those are soooooo lame. But thanks for everything.

Photos will be shown another day. Be patient.

No comments: