Monday, December 22, 2008

TGIF and an event

Since my boss isn't around, gonna take this opportunity to blog a quick update from the weekend.

Firstly, on Friday, came home from work and went out with Lionel. Had TGI Fridays for dinner and the treat was on moi since I promised him a meal when he gets back. Then we just hung around Pyramid and walk around randomly.

On Saturday, got up super late. Lazing on my bed so much.

It was the day my church had our Youth Christmas Event. Quite a lot of young people attended the event. The youths' preparations for the past two months stumbled upon the problem concerning the weather. It rained, though for just a while. But it did put a slight damper into the coordinators' plans and they had to switch some placements around.

Now, I wouldn't say the event was a 100% successful. But given the circumstances, it went quite well and everyone still had fun. Thank God for that. Hopefully we did plant some new seeds regarding the true meaning of Christmas.

It's not just a time for gifts (although that just makes it more fun). It's not about money. It's not about the mistletoe. And it's definitely NOT about Santa.

It's a time of rejoicing. Of being with loved ones. And of sharing and giving.

It's a time to remember Christ and the purpose He is born to this world.

Anyway, there was one thing that disappointed me AFTER the event. A certain someone was so quick to jump up to take center stage when they were calling for a photoshoot of those who DID participate fully in the setting up of the event. Yes, there may be those who're just in the photo as guests, but that's not the point I'm pointing out.

For me, since I didn't really help out much for this event, don't even want to be in the photo and would rather volunteer to handle the camera. I find it shameful to accept a general gratitude when, deep inside, I know I didn't do much. I certainly wouldn't be the first to jump on stage to take any credit.

Screw the point of coming out with a design. Anyone else could've done it, what more when it's just a 2D drawing. It's those who spent nights after nights and days getting the event set up who deserved the full credit.

Therefore, I send my highest credits and recognition to Kevin Chan, Rueben Looi, Jessie Looi, Reuben Pak aka Pope Jackie Pak, Sarah Wong, my sis, Johnston "Tonton" Wang, Jonathan, Xin Wei, Qi Ren and Samantha Wang for a job well done.

Did get to fellowship a lot with some of the young people who attended.

Okay, now better get back to work before the boss gets back. Buh bai.

No comments: