Tuesday, December 09, 2008

About cars, cars and more cars.

I'm going to skip all intros and go straight to the point. Here are some updates for the weekend.

Saturday
Helped my family in painting the hall and that took the whole day. Got pissed at my sis and dad during dinner that, when I got home, I immediately took my car keys and drove off.

Sunday
Church as usual. Then, went over to Tim's house to help with the Christmas deco project. Dinner came much later at around 10pm in Asia Cafe and Uncle Alvin treated us.

Monday
T'was a public holiday. And I made plans. Most of the church members set off for their youth camp, which I was supposed to go but *ahem* did not get leave off from work. Instead, accompanied Ityra to Midvalley to watch Twilight...AGAIN. As much as I said it sucked the first time, the second time was a little better now that I had already expected the plot.

And mind most of you, I'm looking at this movie at a very plot-driven view. I don't care what is written in the novel and how much girls swoon to this movie. But if the play doesn't come out right and isn't cheesy on screen, then it still gets my approval. Movies such as A Walk To Remember or Pride & Prejudice is very much taken from romance novels but it didn't bombed on screen and it made a lot....and I repeat, in a different way, A LOT of people tear at the romantic experience.

And I'm not the only person who thinks Twilight didn't come out nice on screen. A
newspaper reviewer gave the same thought. (Hint: do check out the reviewer's name. lol)

Maybe a lot of girls can let their romantic dreams run free in their imagination when they read. But I don't really see that dreamy fantasy showing on screen apart from finding a "hot" guy to play the character. And that's all that clouds the female viewers from watching the actual plot. And it's more of a neutral judgement seeing that I've not read the novel and am watching the movie. The plot should make me imagine almost as clear as how it appeared in the novel...not the other way around.


Had Sushi Zanmai...AGAIN. For the third time in 2 weeks.

Then, went for our second movie...Transporter 3 (it's Transporter, Ityra. Not Terminator)

Now this is what I'm waiting for. Some nice adrenaline-rushed movie. This movie is a wall to wall action movie. What made me like this movie so much especially was the minimal romance scenes between the hero and the "maiden in distress". This movie is more relatable than, say, Twilight.

Guy given project to transport girl, guy defends girl with his superb fighting ability and hot body, girl swoons over him and makes him strip his shirt and kiss her in order to get his car keys back.

Nothing hard to relate. But at least he did something to earn that attention rather than just pure looks/pale face/red lips/cold skin/funny hairstyle.

The cinematic action of the car chase is always the main point in all Transporter series. The things that he could do with the car (and the bicycle, in one scene) seems so impossible, but not unrealistic. It is a car we're talking about. Not high-flying vampires (okay, now I'm just taking hits at laiyee).

But seriously, this movie is recommended for all action-movie enthusiasts. The martial arts choreographer, Cory Yuen (hey, same surname) did a fantastic job in choreographing the fight sequences in a way that it looks possible for someone to look the part and not bullshit about having learnt kungfu or something.


At the end of the day, sent Ityra back to Cheras. On my way home, some asshole in a Fortuner almost ran me into traffic when he came flying into the highway and me on the first lane (unbelievable? believe it). So, after the toll, I took it to block his way on the fast lane time and time again just to frustrate him a little. But after a while, my 1.3 couldn't frustrate his 2.5 enough. But, hey, at least I tried.

If you're in a bloody rush to meet your maker, drive properly and let people know you're in a rush and to give way PROPERLY. Not zoom in and out of traffic and rush right up to people and to intimidate them to give way on the first move.

As most of you know, I like to drive fast as well...even at times when I'm not in a rush. I don't like dilly-dallying on the road because it's a waste of precious time. But when I speed, I do it with consideration. I will only speed when I'm on the last lane (which is the fast lane for those of you non drivers) and I will flash for people to give way if they're going slowly on that lane. That is the main purpose of having a FAST LANE. If after a few attempts and the driver still doesn't move aside on an open road, then I MAY just use provocation to get their attention that they're blocking the lane. If I'm not in a rush, I still won't mind slowing down a bit. But if I'm in a rush, BLOODY GET OUT OF MY WAY.

Time is money. And every second lost, we can never get back.

No comments: