Thursday, June 26, 2008

Strum it!!

For quite some time I've been meaning to get myself a new acoustic guitar and start learning how to play again. It always seems cool that most of the people around me can play it and I too want to be able to soothe myself with my own music.

It's been 7 years since I last played and learn so it's gonna be a little slow for me. My fingers are now stiff and no longer fast in switching chords. Hope someone can teach me how to play it again *nudges Tim and Johnston*

I've been speaking to someone who has lots of experience playing to give me suggestions for some low range, good quality guitar. I'm on a budget but I also require quality. Something within RM1500, maybe?

Here's some recommendation and some I found on my own (may not fit my budget but it sure looks cool)

Fender CD140SCE












Fender CD60SCE












Fender California Models Kingman SCE and Sonoran SCE












Epiphone AJ200SCE












Norman B20













I'm also partly doing this for someone.


Anyone else has any other recommendations or comments on these guitars? Do let me know.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

dude, u forgot you got a musician friend is it?

but allow me to say la, all the choices of guitars you have picked, are just BRANDNAMES. Fender does not make good acoustic guitars. Epiphone may use good wood bodies, but it definitely isn't anywhere near your Rm1500 budget.

Normans are nice to look at, but their sound and versatility has much to be complained about.

I would prefer you to go to Bentley in Damansara and also in KL to have a look. Ask the pros there, or 'yours truly'. We can help. :D

Chris Yuen said...

thanks jimbo.

hey,you found my blog.lol

i'll be sure to get more opinions before i really get the guitar though.