Friday, January 02, 2009

2009

Goodbye to ol' 2008.

Goodbye to heartaches. Goodbye to broken friendships.

Goodbye to sucky education systems.

Last year was a year of misery for a lot of people. Financial crisis. Relationship problems. Landslides. Lots had happened within a space of one year. There were bombings around the world, chaos in Thailand, retrenchments and unemployments. So, it's adequate to say it wasn't a good year.

For me personally, I've experienced two relationships come and gone. Also, there was a lost of trust among friends and rekindling with some old, long-lost friends. There was an unstable friendship bond between friends in 2008. There were arguments, dissatisfaction, unhappiness and technical problems around. Somehow, I didn't feel too happy being around friends this past year, especially with one friend who just came back from overseas.

In terms of financial, my bank was pretty broke in the last year due to high spending on things that I want and need. Safe to say, I haven't had any money put away for a rainy day and both my bank accounts are suffering from aneroxia now.

The good thing was, amidst the whole financial crisis glooming the world now, I could still manage to find employment. It may not be a field which I am particularly familiar with but, it's a good experience. The pay here isn't all that bad either but it may not be sufficient for me to be thinking about investments.

Overall, I can say that the year 2008 was pretty balanced to me since I had my fair share of happiness and unhappiness. It has taken a wicked swipe at my emotions but had also provided me with joy and provision.

So, my New Year's resolution for this year would be:
1. Improve myself physically and mentally
2. Face my demons
3. Save some money for a rainy day/investments
4. TRY to be punctual for work
5. Complete all undone tasks
6. Contribute more to things that matters
7. Try to mend some broken friendships
8. Improve my cooking skills
9. Vacation to AT LEAST one good holiday destination

For the friends who stuck by me, treated me like a true friend and gave me great advice and support, I thank you with all my heart and we will be friends for a long time to come.

For those who failed my trust and didn't appreciate the things I've done for you, may we one day find truce and I pray to God that you will learn to be more grateful.

For my enemies................sorry, no clean comment.

I hope and pray for the world that 2009 will be better and brighter. I hope some friends would come down to earth and appreciate the things they have and the people around them. I pray that I'm more able to stick to the resolutions I put up here.

Happy 2009. May it bring out the best in everyone.

No comments: