Thursday, January 08, 2009

Of schools, sister and police....

Know how I said in another post that I hate the morning traffic?

Well, I'm please to know that they have now deployed more traffic police to ensure that the flow of traffic within USJ and the road heading to the old Subang Airport.

It used to take me about 30 minutes to get to work during rush hour.

Now it takes me about 50 minutes.

What went wrong?? I know in the midst of the new school term starting that traffic will be slightly heavier but this is ridiculous. What's this stupid link between "new school term" and "going to work on a routine basis"?? The only difference is that people who have kids just get up slightly earlier to send their kids off to school. So why is there extra congestion after 7.30am when all kids should already be in school half an hour ago??

Preposterous.

On a related note, I also did mention in my New Year's Resolution that I would TRY my best to get to work on time. Therefore, since I'm a heavy sleeper and one who finds it hard to get up in the morning, nowadays I set my alarm for 6.30am to wake myself up.

That would give me about 20-30minutes of snoozing or rolling around and come 7am, I'd be up and on time for work. Hopefully.

Today, I manage to prep myself up at 7.05am....only to find my sis had entered the bathroom. And all my toothbrush and all were in there. So I had to wait til she finishes.

But she took a whole 25 minutes in the bathroom getting ready and thus, my whole plan of getting up early had been single-handedly screwed up delayed by her.

Boy, was I furious.

And the resulting consequences from that made me exit my house at 7.40am (I only took 10 minutes in the bathroom and 5 minutes to get everything I need and rush out) and I reached work 20 minutes late although I drove at 120kmh.

Yeesh.

And I didn't even get to test my theory out.

On an entirely different note, I'm thinking about changing the font used in my blog.

Does this Century Gothic font look better than the normal Georgia?

Or maybe this Papyrus?

No comments: