Monday, November 03, 2008

Updates from the weekend

Was an exciting weekend.

Not much of an interesting intro, isn't it?

No, seriously, it was an interesting weekend. Lots of money spent though but it was fun.

1st up.....

I GOT MY GT-R (R35)

Finally, though. Was pondering left and right whether I should get it. Standing inside Tamiya Underground, One Utama and in front of the product, I still had to keep asking SY and Lionel (all the way in Aus) whether I should purchase it now or wait for later. But, since I'm gonna go through the same bloody thought process even though I delay it, I might as well get that car right now.....on charge, of course.

A credit card has a binding power. Everytime I see it, I'm drawn into using it. Well, not that I can't afford to pay by cash though...but it'll be nicer to collect some points and pay for this only at the end of the month on the expense of next month's budget.

Is it weird that I could get a scale 1:18 model for about RM130 but I just paid RM180 to assemble myself a 1:24 scale model? Not to mention that the factory-produced models are nicely painted, sticker-ed and mounted in nice plastic cases.

Let's see how it all came down.........

Tamiya 1:24 scale model = RM180
3 spray paint cans @ RM25 per can = RM75
4 acrylic paints @ RM15 per bottle = RM60
1 Tamiya Plastic cement = RM18
Frustrations and disasters = Priceless

I dunno. Maybe I'm just more fond of the idea of getting to build the car myself instead of just walking into a car shop, getting a car model, going home and just displaying in for kicks. And I did spend a grand total of RM333 for the model. Nice final figure though. I pity my wallet and my bank account. They're gonna be anorexic anytime soon if I don't start earning more.

It's a challenge. I love certain challenges.


On another note.....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY
TIMOTHY WONG LIANG YOONG!!
(Now your post looks like it's dedicated to Christmas)

Half the youth church members went over to Tim's house to give him a surprise birthday party. We all hid inside a store room and waited for the birthday boy to get home. When he did and we came out with the surprise, birthday boy was just nicely relaxing on his sofa without a single hint of being surprised. Probably it was due to the fact that he discovered all our shoes and sandals hidden under his parents' Mercedes. Either that or he noticed our cars parked further down the road.

Had fun with his dogs, had snacks, drinks (the girls were making Sangria, I think), cake, red eggs and fruits. Kevin threw a red egg on Tim's head to see whether it's fully hard boiled. But, to no one's surprise, it's still half boiled. 'Humpty Dumpty' there broke on top of Tim's head and went splat all over the dining table. Yolk were all over the body of the dead Humpty Dumpty. The criminal responsible is still at large.

Humpty Dumpty went splat on Tim's head,
Humpty Dumpty had a great fall,
All the church members and all the busybodies,
Couldn't put Humpty Dumpty back together again
I wonder why they named an egg 'Humpty Dumpty'. Did the author always get humped and then dumped?

For more breaking news, I finally made myself a spray booth to do my spraying works indoors without jeopardizing the cleanliness of my modelling area a.k.a. my room.

Well, that's all for the weekend. It's back to work again. *groans*

No comments: