Sunday, November 30, 2008

Of sushi and vampires

Saturday. The weekend. A day to be enjoyed outside with friends and loved ones.

But the morning usually starts off with some small chores. Chores such as laundry, cleaning, bathing the dogs, etc etc etc wth.

Then comes the afternoon and evening. Time to be heading out.

Picked Jinqyi up at about 3.40pm and we headed out to One Utama. Silly me forgot to retrieve my movie booking reservation number when I left the house. So, it took some time for me to call home and ask mum to turn on my laptop, sign in my MSN (which I don't know why the programme has been acting out on my Vista cuz it kept shutting the programme down over and over and over again yeesh babi bedebah jahanam wtf) and then open my email box and SMS me the reservation number.

Once that task was completed, we walked around for her to go do some window (and actual) shopping around.

There was a problem. I hadn't had anything to eat since morning til then. She kept asking me to get something to eat but I kept refusing. A little diet wouldn't hurt wtf gonna die of malnutrition. But then, we just continued shopping and I bought a pair of football shorts from Nike.

Then, we went for dinner (which was about 6.30pm) at Sushi Zanmai. We were surprised to see a queue to enter since it's still early for dinner for a lot of people. Apparently, we were wrong. So, lined up to get in and, after about half an hour, we finally got our places.

I have to say, the variety of sushi there is fantastic. I especially liked the mayonaise crabsticks which costs only RM3.80 for 4 pieces. We also ordered a plate of mini California Maki, a bowl of Salmon Don and a Beef Teppanyaki Don. Bill total wasn't too bad.

Then, we proceed up to watch Twilight.

Now, I know a lot of people (particularly girls) had read the novel and are highly anticipating this movie to be released. As much as they are interested in it, so was I. I was lazy to read the book so I opted to wait for the movie to be released and watch it from there instead.

And all I've got to say, in my honest opinion, for this movie is.......

It kinda sucked. No offence to those who liked the novel (not that I bloody care) but I find the plot of the movie really messy. Maybe it was intended to be this way, I don't know. From the moment Bella touched down on Forks and entered school, it just seemed like she's already waiting to fall in love with Edward (who doesn't even look hot, according to Jinqyi). Come on, wth. The way she stares at him on the first sight is like a whole sick puppy love.

Overall, I think the movie bombed. Sure there may be exciting parts to it but this looks like a work of an amateur director and producer combination. I came out of the cinema feeling lame all over. Should've opted to watch some other movie.....like Antoo Fighter, maybe. And I HATE malay movies.

After movies, we went over to McDonalds in Centrepoint for supper since I was still hungry. Forgot why but we started to chat about the comparison between football and basketball. She wouldn't let me force her to eat Sundae so cham feel rejected wtf. Then, fetched her home to Kepong and came home around 1something a.m.

And that was how a Saturday was spent. Kthxbai.

No comments: