Thursday, February 23, 2006

My works..

So how's everyone doing on their assignments???

I'm just plain being lazy since we have practically a lot of time this week.So now I feel like posting up some of my crap old works.One of it from the 2nd semester. Since Chrystal and Shawn has always put up their artwoks,I shall too.Maybe not as good,but I'm happy with it.

This is my artwork from the 2nd semester.From History of Art and Design class.


Rationale:
The issue i'm representing is baby abandonment.The style used is by Yoshitomo Nara.I used a baby Nara-style as the character.The baby has a dissatisfied/angry lookto portray their unwillingness to be abandoned.Besides that,the baby is also angry at the parent that had abandoned him/her.To show that this baby is abandoned after birth,I included the umbrical cord with blood still flowing from it.This shows that the baby is abandoned right after birth.This can also represent cruelty towards a newborn baby.The dark background shows that the baby is left at a dark corner,which also represents abandonment.



This artwork for my presentation got me a 20 1/2 out of 25.Not bad for my standard.

Next comes the artworks from this semester.

Mostly it's about composition.There's nothing better to put up than composition.Here's my first ever composition.It's a tribute to my favourite player in my favourite football club.
















If you do not know who this is,it's Ruud van Nistelrooy of Manchester United.He's also the top scorer in the Premier League til the current date for the 2005/2006 season.

Next is my composition for one of my favourite movie.





















The movie is Troy.Go watch it people.This composition wasn't good.Hoon Sun,my Illus lecturer gave me a hell of a critique on my elements and blending.I agree with him whole-heartedly.

Next composition to be returned to me would be my composition on Malaysian Culture.I expect it to suck big time.But who knows..

Well,that's my artworks so far.I need to practice more and research even more on my illustration.I sucked at it...

Next composition under construction - WAR.

4 comments:

Invi said...

The sudden change feels very very different. I feel like I'm not in a Cheetah's Domain anymore, haha!

Chris Yuen said...

haha..the cheetah domain is no longer black...
at least it's easier to read now...
dun need to strain ur eyes to read da white text on black background..
and tis background is kinda nice..

ThePinkRabbit said...

heyy!!! my background nice also wat...need to strain meh? hehehe...

i was very proud of ur football composition when i saw it being hung on the wall...u're definitely doing well, chris!!!

*fumes with jealousy*

Chris Yuen said...

;P hehehe..black is nice..
but i think cuz i use da font which is thin..
even i oso squint a little to read my own blog..i like brighter things..

dun worry..u're doing well too..jus keep it up..do well on ur war composition...good luck..