Monday, April 20, 2009

19th April

No, it’s not the date to complete at least half your income tax forms.

For those who didn’t know, this is the date 23 years ago that I finally escaped from my mum’s womb. It took me a few hours to get my map and bearings right to find that Exit sign, okay.

You think staying in there was fun?

Aaanywayyy, Friday after work, me and 4 girls ladies from my office went to Delicious in One Utama for dinner to celebrate my birthday. And that of my colleague, Vivian’s.

The prices there were a killer but the quality of food was great. Therefore, worth paying.

Sunday, on the big day itself, I was really surprised and happy for once in a year to receive mails in my Hotmail Inbox coming from Facebook. They were all notifications that I received messages on my Wall.

Potter Sam Leong - Be early Happy Birthday wish for you ~^^

Weng Kheen - Happy bday chris

Vivian Mah Jia Yee - u have an iPhone??!!!!!! damn..derma sikit boleh? hehe.. (Sorry Ms Mah, this phone’s mine.LOL)
anyway, wana wish u Happy Birthday! hope u'll have a great bday..take care! =)

Leong Weng Phoon - hey..happy birthday!!

Amanda Loong - Happy birthday!
Have a great one! :)

Wei Ting - hey happy birthday ! =D
hope u enjoy ur birthday !
take care =)

Mfeederj Elfione - happy birthday chris!!! a year older a year wiser LOL!!!

Rachelle Tan - hey there, happy birthday~

Chong Kim Hiung - Happy B day dude~ ^^ don't wear sunglasses la k? but if you like, no harm put it on haha~

Jasmin Lim - Happy Birthday! =)
Go have tons of fun yea? ;)
*cheers*

Jocelyn Toh Lian Yin - happy birthday! *hugs* :)

Andrew Yong - hey bro! happy birthday man!!!! be sure to have a blast there!

Ker Yong Low - hey hey!! long time no chat wey! happy birthday!! hope you had a great one!! =))

These were just a few. There were also that came in the forms of SMSes as well as personal wishes when I met friends at church. (wah, birthday only go church.) Some came as mushy little cute messages, some got me confused as to who sent it because my iPhone didn’t show the contact person’s name (long story) and I had to slowly search 300over names to find the sender. Some came as call wishes.

These little things made my whole day today. I was very happy for the wishes…especially some that came from friends which I’ve not kept in touch or have not seen for a long time. And yet THEY took the time.

You guys were great!!!

However, these also left me disappointed. Those “friends” who I thought were closest to me weren’t even heard from. Of all the people you expect to hear from on your day.

Some “friends”, huh?

When they were lonely and needed friends to talk to and encourage, you were there for them. But now when they’ve returned to their familiar areas, they never even bother looking for you.

“Action, not words, are the true criterion of the attachment of friends” – George Washington

Could anything be more true, Mr Washington?

I should start re-evaluating who my true friends really are.

No comments: