Friday, March 06, 2009

Sights and sounds of…..business.

Lately I’ve found myself travelling quite often. Usually outstation whether on day trips or overnights.

For those who don’t know the nature of my work, I currently handle designs and New Product Developments in my company. We have customers spanning from Jitra all the way to Singapore. And at times, we do have Thai customers in our accounts.

Therefore, when the sales people travel to meet their customers on discussions of new projects or new designs or new customers, I am required to travel with them to meet those customers. Well, I too have my own customer. Kampai.

Yes, we handle all food and beverage customers as well as liquor customers. And they’re all over the country.

Just last week, I travelled up north with 2 sales personnel to visit 11 customers. In a day. The trip started with the first customer in Bidor and the last is in Sg Petani.

So, since we were so near the Thai border, we decided to stay over at the small town right at the border, called Dannok.

It was a good choice because a room in a decent hotel in Dannok costs roughly half the price of a decent room in a hotel in Kedah. If there are any, that is.

[Company paying but dunno why are we helping them to save]

But being in Dannok is a whole different experience. Mostly only for the guys.

Things there are cheap. So are a lot of other “things”. The price of a PROPER Thai massage there is about half the price of a Thai massage that is available in Malaysia. At the end of it, the tired body of travelling around is fully relaxed and rested.

But, Dannok is a place of “see but don’t touch”. There was a decent club there that isn’t sleazy and also features live singing and dance performances. There are male and female, Thai and even Chinese, singing English, Chinese, Thai and even Japanese songs to entertain the patrons there. Drinks are decent, compared to those here in Malaysia.

Today (Friday), had to visit my own customer’s filling factory in Muar.

Kidnapped one of my sales person and my QA officer to come along to check out their machinery and filling process.

Left at about 8.30am, reached the factory at about 11am, done everything before noon and then gone down to town to have lunch.

Got back to the office by 3.30pm. Not bad. I’m proud of my Myvi. We even brought back some otak-otak and biscuits from Muar.

This concludes some of the travelling that happened in the past weeks. I left out some but these were the biggest ones.

Now I feel like sleeping in the office.

*Yawn*

No comments: